General COVID-19 Resources
Our customers and partners remain our top priority during this time. If you have any questions, please email COVID19questions@icat.com
U.S. Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Page
World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 FAQ
Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19 by WHO
U.S. Dept of Labor COVID-19 Resources
U.S. Small Business Administration COVID-19 Resources for Small Businesses
COVID-19 State Legislation Around Cancellations
Due to COVID-19, some states are issuing moratoriums around cancellations due to non-payment. ICAT is actively monitoring state regulatory actions will be adhering to all applicable guidelines as they are issued. For specific information on state guidelines and legislations, including expiration dates, please visit this website.
New York: insurers are urged to help alleviate the adverse impact on consumers and small businesses that can demonstrate financial hardship, including taking reasonable and prudent actions by offering payment accommodations, working with consumers to avoid cancellation for failure to pay premiums, discovery of acts or omissions that may have increased the hazard insured against, or physical changes in the property that result in the properly no longer meeting the insurer’s underwriting standards. Insurers should work with consumers to avoid non-renewal policies where a consumer fails to timely respond to a non-renewal notice. This issue expires July 6. For additional New York regulations, please refer to this document.
COVID-19: ICAT Updates
ICAT is Taking Proactive Steps to Keep Employees Safe and Minimize Interruptions to Business
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact the United States, ICAT has taken a proactive approach to counter any potential interruptions to our business operations. With the health and safety of both our employees and partners in mind, we are monitoring COVID-19 closely and taking any necessary precautions.
We activated our Business Continuity Plan to ensure we can continue to conduct business and provide service without interruptions to daily operations. Our business continuity team will continue to meet regularly to assess and respond to any possible business impacts and we strive to ensure that our partners experience no impact to their business with ICAT.
Additional steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our employees and prevent any interruption to business include:
- Within the main Broomfield location, we are having every employee work remotely until the risk is minimized.
- We have asked employees to avoid any non-essential travel and conferences until further notice.
- We have tested our work from home capabilities and equipped teams with any resources necessary to ensure all employees can work outside of the office without causing any undue interruption to business.
- To ensure that we maintain our high level of service as part of our business continuity we will be mailing nonrenewal notices through August 2020. As we continue to underwrite accounts before their renewal quote is issued, we will promptly send nonrenewal notices.
- ICAT will be adding the ICAT SCOL 236 Locked and Secured Condition and Exclusion and ICAT SCOL 235 Heat Maintained Condition and Exclusion to new business AOP policies that have one of the following occupancies: churches, hotels, offices, restaurants and retail.